What is the objective of GeniusTex?
- Generate a B2B business model between Smart Textile developers, producers and users based on an interactive innovation platform
- Implement a platform to develop individualized services around Smart Textiles
- Define a methodology for process design to integrate textiles and electronic components to Smart Textiles
How will the GeniusTex project work towards this?
- Creating an innovation platform open for all players in Smart Textiles (textiles, electronics, designers, app developers, users) and their contributions (e.g., by software development kit)
- Defining a common language for Smart Textile components to structure offerings on the platform
- Using platform and structured language to bring together ideas and partners for their implementation
- International setup (e.g., USA, South Korea) to ensure both platform architecture and structured language are globally accessible
With our research project, we aim to create an innovative and open collaboration platform for all actors along the value added chain of smart textiles. We intent to support manufacturers, suppliers as well as service providers. With our platform, it will be possible for end-users to participate in the generation, discussion and enhancement of new product ideas. Service providers should be supported by giving the opportunity to develop networked IoT services for smart textile products. Therefore, we will develop the GeniusTex platform and the integrated GeniusTex SDK during the project.
- Conception of the interfaces in the application fields of the innovation process
- Implementation of the open innovation platform
- Product modularization and product oriented design of cyberphysic production processes for smart textiles, implemented as a Semantic Web Ontology
- Testing of the platform on industrial application fields by the users
Activities & Events
Find us on ResearchGate
Read our Blog
- Participate in interviews, design workshops or trial periods and provide us with your demands and feedback to shape the GeniusTex platform
- Become an early adopter by collaborating in the implementation of one or more Smart Textiles for one of the first two use cases
- Smart Orthosis
- Smart Band
I'm interested. Please send me more information!
Further Illustration how GeniusTex Platform enables Smart Textiles Services
The GeniusTex research project is part of the “Smart Service Welt II” (“Smart Service World II”) program funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. In the video all projects of the cluster “Medicine” are presented, GeniusTex is shown starting at 1:18.
Video by LoeschHundLiepold Kommunikation GmbH
These partners are involved in our research project. Click on a logo to get to the partner’s website.
Institut für Textiltechnik Aachen
The Institute of Textile Technology (ITA) at RWTH Aachen University has many years of experience and sound technical knowledge in product development and production technology for Smart Textiles. The ITA will bring its cutting-edge research on the implementation of “Industrie 4.0” and digitalization along the textile process chain and its network in industry, science and politics to the project. In addition to its role as project coordinator, the ITA will work on creating a modularization for smart textiles and develop a methodology for product-oriented design of production processes for integrating textiles and electronics.
Since its inauguration in 1990, the Technology and Innovation Management Group at RWTH Aachen University (RWTH-TIM) has developed into a leading European institution in the field of innovation, technology, business model development and customer-centric value creation. Today, as a large interdisciplinary team under the leadership of Prof. Frank Piller, we teach and research in close cooperation with the RWTH engineering schools as well as with the humanities and social sciences. Our close cooperation with the other research groups at the Research Area TIME allows us to cover a broad spectrum of methods and topics.
For about 30 years now Fraunhofer FIT has been conducting R&D on user-friendly smart solutions that blend seamlessly in business processes. Building on its long CSCW experience, social computing, and IoT concepts the Cooperation Systems department develops and evaluates novel groupware, community and knowledge management systems for distributed organizations and teams. In GeniusTex, Fraunhofer FIT is the main development partner and will realize the GeniusTex plattform.
Infineon Technologies AG is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Infineon brings know how to GeniusTex. This means how to get components i.e. sensors and how to build up a platform where ideas find solution with semiconductors e.g. based on semantic web technologies.
For people with limited mobility Ottobock develops medical technology applications and fitting solutions in the departments of Prosthetics, Orthotics, Mobility Solutions (wheelchairs and rehabilitation aids) and Medical Care. Subsidiaries in more than 50 countries are proud to offer quality “Made in Germany” to users worldwide while employing some 6.500 people. Since its founding in 1919 Ottobock is family-run business that has been supporting the Paralympic Games since 1988 with its long term expertise.
eccenca is a leading German company in the field of semantic data catalog technologies (knowledge graph). The company provides enterprise-ready solutions for the comprehensive, scalable automation of big data integration. Facilitating the vision of Turning Strings Into Things, eccenca enables enterprises to profit from the integrative interpretation of heterogeneous data by means of machine-interpretable knowledge networks.
In the context of the GeniusTex project, eccenca provides its experience in ontology development and semantic data integration. eccenca is responsible for the quality and development of all ontological artifacts as well as its exploitation by integrating sensor, process and product data into an executable
knowledge graph which is used inside of the GeniusTex portal.
The ASYS Group is a global technology company and leading supplier of machinery and equipment for the electronics, solar and life science industries. The corporate group offers a globally unique product portfolio across different fields of technology, such as handling, marking, depaneling, final assembly, testing, printing and dry storage.
Special systems, software solutions and material logistics solutions complement the standard processes.
Consequently ASYS can offer its customers comprehensive solutions from a single source and can realize the intelligent factory of the future.