Space weather may disrupt electric power grids, telecommunication grids, satellite-based systems including navigation systems, air traffic and oil, gas and other pipelines.
International Organisation Definitions
Space weather includes any and all conditions and events on the sun, in the solar wind, in near-Earth space and in our upper atmosphere that can affectspace-borne and ground-based technological systems and through these, human life and endeavor. Heliophysics is the science of space weather.
Space weather can disrupt the technology that forms the backbone of this country’s economic vitality and national security, including satellite and airline operations, communications networks, navigation systems, and the electric power grid.
- NASA Frequent Asked Questions 
- Space weather - effects on technology 
- Space weather glossary 
- Four-Year Plan for WMO Activities Related to Space Weather 2016-2019 (2016)
- Proposed WMO Strategy for Space Weather: Towards a Space Weather Watch Programme (2013)
- webpage Ruimteweer
- What is Space Weather? Gouvernement de Canada
- Qu'est ce que la météo spatiale? Government of Canada website
- NASA’s solar storm and space weather FAQ
- National Space Weather Strategy, The White House, October 2015
- Space weather - effects on technology; Canadian Space Weather Forecast Centre. 2012
- NOAA/NWS Space Weather Prediction Center