- 1 Definitions
- 1.1 European Definitions
- 1.2 Other International Definitions
- 1.3 National Definitions
- 1.4 Standard Definition
- 1.5 Other Definitions
- 2 See also
- 3 Notes
Other International Definitions
According to UNISDR, the recovery task of rehabilitation and reconstruction begins soon after the emergency phase has ended, and should be based on pre-existing strategies and policies that facilitate clear institutional responsibilities for recovery action and enable public participation. Recovery programmes, coupled with the heightened public awareness and engagement after a disaster, afford a valuable opportunity to develop and implement disaster risk reduction measures and to apply the “build back better” principle.
Presidential Policy Directive PPD-8
This may include the provision of financial assistance, repairing buildings and/or restoration of the environment.
Ce processus peut inclure la fourniture d’une assistance financière, la réparation de bâtiments ou la restauration de l’environnement.
- 2009 UNISDR Terminology on Disaster Risk Reduction
- Australian Emergency Management Glossary, Emergency Management Australia (1998)
- Australia AS NZS 5050 (2010)
- Vocabulaire de la gestion des urgencies/Emergency Management Emergency Management Vocabulary 281 (2012)
- Vocabulary of Comprehensive Security. Helsinki (TSK 47) (2014)
- A FRAMEWORK FOR MAJOR EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT (APPENDICES)
- The New Zealand Coordinated Incident Management System, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, New Zealand. (2014)
- Comprehensive Disaster Management Policy Framework for Trinidad and Tobago
- Glossary - Revision to Emergency Preparedness, Cabinet Office (2012)
- Presidential Policy Directive /PPD-8: National Preparedness, March 30, 2011
- National Incident Management Plan (core)
- [http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/cybersecurity-framework-021214-final.pdf Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity v1.0, NIST, February 12, 2014.
- Source: NFPA 1600-4: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- IETF RFC449 Internet Security Glossary 2
- ISO 22300:2012(en) Societal security — Terminology
- Province of Ontario’s Emergency Management Glossary of Terms