Other International Definitions
According to UNISDR, the recovery task of rehabilitation and reconstruction begins soon after the emergency phase has ended, and should be based on pre-existing strategies and policies that facilitate clear institutional responsibilities for recovery action and enable public participation. Recovery programmes, coupled with the heightened public awareness and engagement after a disaster, afford a valuable opportunity to develop and implement disaster risk reduction measures and to apply the “build back better” principle.
Presidential Policy Directive PPD-8
- 2009 UNISDR Terminology on Disaster Risk Reduction
- The New Zealand Coordinated Incident Management System, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, New Zealand. (2014)
- Presidential Policy Directive /PPD-8: National Preparedness, March 30, 2011
- National Incident Management Plan (core)
- [http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/cybersecurity-framework-021214-final.pdf Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity v1.0, NIST, February 12, 2014.
- ISO 22300:2012(en) Societal security — Terminology