Industrial Automation Control System
Industrial control system (ICS) is a general term that encompasses several types of control systems, including supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, Distributed Control Systems (DCS), and other \control system configurations such as skid-mounted Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) often found in the industrial sectors and critical infrastructures. ICSs are typically used in industries such as electrical, water and wastewater, oil and natural gas, chemical, transportation, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, food and beverage, and discrete manufacturing (e.g., automotive, aerospace, and durable goods). 
While control systems used in distribution and manufacturing industries are very similar in operation, they are different in some aspects. One of the primary differences is that DCS or |PLC-controlled sub-systems are usually located within a more confined factory or plant-centric area, when compared to geographically dispersed SCADA field sites. DCS and |PLC communications are usually performed using local area network (LAN) technologies that are typically more reliable and high speed compared to the long-distance communication systems used by SCADA systems. In fact, SCADA systems are specifically designed to handle long-distance communication challenges such as delays and data loss
posed by the various communication media used. DCS and PLC systems usually employ greater degrees of closed loop control than SCADA systems because the control of industrial processes is typically more complicated than the supervisory control of distribution processes. 
- 1 Definitions
- 1.1 National Definitions
- 1.2 Standard Definition
- 1.3 Cyber Security Good Practice for Industrial Automation Control Systems
- 1.4 Dictionary
- 2 Good Practices
- 3 See also
- 4 Notes
- 5 References
Industrial Control System: Set of human and material resources designed to control or operate a group of sensors and actuators. 
Pramoninių procesų valdymo sistema – iš informacinėmis ir ryšių technologijomis grindžiamos įrangos sudaryta sistema, skirta technologiniams procesams stebėti ar valdyti pramonės, energetikos, transporto, vandens tiekimo paslaugų ir kituose ūkinės veiklos sektoriuose. 
Deze systemen openen bijvoorbeeld een sluis of zetten een windmolen uit. Ook wel aangeduid als industriële controlesystemen (ICS).
A (critical) automated control system of production and technological processes of critical infrastructure of the Russian Federation is a set of hardware and software, information systems and information and telecommunication networks designed to meet the challenges of operational management and control of the various processes and technical objects in the organisation of production or process critical facility, a violation (or termination) of the operation which may harm the interests of the foreign policy of the Russian Federation, the cause of accidents and disasters, riots, long stops transport, industrial or technological processes, disorganisation of institutions, businesses or organisations that material damage on a large scale, the death or serious injury of at least one person and (or) other severe consequences (further - serious consequences). 
Industrial Control Systems: Information systems in the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and Distributed Control Systems groups, which are used for industrial operations such as production, product processing and distribution controls via programmable logical controllers other than conventional information technologies. 
Examples of types of control systems include SCADA systems, Process Control Systems, and Distributed Control Systems.
Industrial control systems include Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems used to control geographically dispersed assets, as well as distributed control systems (DCSs) and smaller control systems using programmable logic controllers to control localized processes.
Cyber Security Good Practice for Industrial Automation Control Systems
Global Conference on CyberSpace 2015 (GCCS2015)
Cyber Security of Industrial Control Systems : Crucial processes in most critical infrastructures, and in many other organisations, rely on the correct and undisturbed functioning of Industrial Automation Control Systems. A failure of ICS may both cause critical services to fail and may result in safety risk to people and or the environment. Therefore, their cyber security and resilience is of utmost importance to society as a whole, to utilities and other critical infrastructure operators, and to organisations which use IACS. This good practice document provides private and public sector executives with an Executive Summary outlining the ICS risk and challenges. The document provides governmental policy-makers, technical managers, ICS suppliers and others involved in the ICS domain with background and security awareness information about the cyber security challenges for ICS. Moreover, the document provides a perspective for action and pointers to seventy relevant resources.
Bijvoorbeeld SCADA, DCS's, PLC's. Deze controlesystemen gebruikt men in de industrie om processen aan te sturen. Bijvoorbeeld een sluis openen of een windmolen uitzetten.
- Cyber security of industrial control systems (GCCS 2015) 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 K. Stouffer, J. Falco, K. Kent, Guide to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security, NIST Special Publication 800-82, June 2011
- ↑ Méthode de classiﬁcation et mesures principales, ANSSI (2014)
- ↑ Classiﬁcation Method and Key Measures, ANSSI (2014)
- ↑ CERT.IL Glossary
- ↑ National Cyber Security Strategy (2018-2023)
- ↑ LIETUVOS RESPUBLIKOS KIBERNETINIO SAUGUMO ĮSTATYMAS 2014 m. gruodžio 11 d. Nr. XII-1428 Vilnius
- ↑ Cyber Security Beeld Nederland 2020
- ↑ Cybersecuritybeeld Nederland 2016
- ↑ НАЦИОНАЛНА СТРАТЕГИЈА ЗА САЈБЕР БЕЗБЕДНОСТ НА РЕПУБЛИКА МАКЕДОНИЈА 2018 -2022
- ↑ National Cyber Security Strategy of the Republic of Macedonia (2018)
- ↑ NATIONAL SECURITY OF RUSSIA - Information security (February 3, 2012, № 803)
- ↑ Singapore Cyber Landscape 2017
- ↑ 2016-2019 UlUSAL SİBER GÜVENLİk STRATEJİSİ (Sept. 2016)
- ↑ Turkey's National Cyber Security Strategy 2016-2019 (2016)
- ↑ National Cyber Security Strategy 2016, HM Government
- ↑ DHS/NICSS Glossary
- ↑ NIPP 2013: Partnering for Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience (2013)
- ↑ NIST Special Publication 800-53 Rev 4: Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations (April 2013)
- ↑ NIST Glossary
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 ISA99 Committee Master Glossary.
- ↑ Luiijf and Te Paske (2015), Cyber Security of Industrial Control Systems
- ↑ Cybersecurity Woordenboek 2021
- ↑ https://www.tno.nl/en/focus-areas/defence-safety-security/cyber-security-resilience/cyber-security-of-industrial-control-systems/
- ERNCIP's Thematic Group on Case Studies for the Cyber-Security of Industrial Automation and Control Systems