Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure
It is like full disclosure, with the addition that all stakeholders agree to allow a period of time for the vulnerability to be patched before publishing the details. Developers of hardware and software often require time and resources to repair their mistakes. Hackers and computer security scientists have the opinion that it is their social responsibility to make the public aware of vulnerabilities with a high impact. Hiding these problems could cause a feeling of false security. To avoid this, the involved parties join forces and agree on a period of time for repairing the vulnerability and preventing any future damage. Depending on the potential impact of the vulnerability, this period may vary between a few weeks and several months.
Voorheen werd dit responsible disclosure genoemd.
Coordinated (and/or Responsible) Vulnerability Disclosure - ”CVD” can be defined a cooperation mechanism between the Owners or Manufacturers of digital services, computer systems or software developers and the Reporters of vulnerabilities (3rd party persons and legal entities who identify and report the vulnerabilities) through which both parties coordinate their actions in patching the vulnerabilities before publishing the relevant information to the larger public, in order to allow the users, manufacturers as well as security researchers to adopt the necessary actions in order to eliminate the new security risks. 
In absence of dedicated legislation, the specific cooperation steps and methods used in CVD are primarily geared towards establishing a relationship of trust between the Owners/Manufacturers and the Reporters of vulnerabilities. In establishing the trust a decisive role can be played by neutral third parties.
CIO Platform Nederland
Responsible Disclosure is het op een verantwoorde wijze en in gezamenlijkheid tussen melder en organisatie openbaar maken van kwetsbaarheden op basis van een door organisaties hiervoor vastgesteld beleid voor Responsible Disclosure. 
- ↑ Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure Reporting at ICANN (2013)
- ↑ Cyber Security Glossary, World Bank (2015)
- ↑ Cyber Security Beeld Nederland 2019
- ↑ Policy for arriving at a practice for Responsible Disclosure, NCSC-NL
- ↑ CERT.RO
- ↑ Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure, CERT.RO
- ↑ Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure Model Policy and Procedure, A publication of the CIO Experience Group Information Security (2016)
- ↑ Responsible Disclosure Modelbeleid en Procedure Publicatie van de CIO Experience Group Information Security (2016)